Learn Something New Every Day
And today is no exception. Stopped into Petsmart today and got the kids some rats (yes, rats - 2 of them) and had to stop by and look at the kitties since I am totally a kitty person . . . cats and rats . . . do not go so well together but we shall see. Anyhow, I stopped dead in my tracks at one of the meow-meows staring back into my face as I looked at the cages full of cats for adoption, and there was one that could have been a clone of my Alley Cat. I remarked to the woman from the shelter who was packing them up to go back for the night, and she told me it was a "tuxedo cat" and that they are fairly common. So now I know that Alley is a tuxedo cat and I just have to convince her of that fact. Usually she thinks she is a person (she sits in the chair to watch TV in a very human-like position), sometimes a dog (she asks to be let out to go potty and does not use a litter box), occasionally a raccoon (she sits up on her haunches and spins her head around, very reminiscent of the Exorcist).
I don't know, but I just don't think she'll give a rat's ass one way or the other that she's a tuxedo cat. For more information about tuxedo cats, please visit Oreo's Tuxedo Cat Club or check out the information on Wikipedia, including some famous tuxedo cats like Sylvester, Felix, and of course, Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat.
1 comments:
Oh how funny! We have a six month old cat named Orion that is a tuxedo cat (just learned that from you btw) and he sits in the recliner the same way your Alley Cat. We got him from the animal shelter when he was 6 weeks old.
He was a royal pain in the ass when we first got him but since we adopted a Siamese Lynx from the pound he has become the perfect cat. He is such a lovie now and since he has packed on some weight (kids overfed him for a bit) I refer to him affectionately as "ChubChub". :)
Thanks for posting this. I checked out the site and it's cool to find out more about our little boy.
Post a Comment