I Am an Iceberg
After years of trying to figure out why people generally misunderstand me, I have finally decided that it is because I am an iceberg: There is more beneath the surface than what is visible to the naked eye, and it takes some effort to find out what is down there. Too many people just do not bother to take the time to do that.
I like being an iceberg. I can be as cold and desolate, as ragged and lonely as I want to be, or I can be as graceful and beautiful as my heart desires, all the while drifting in the current and being dragged ever onward to a rather unspectacular end, spreading mystery, instigating quests for deeper knowledge, giving joy, and causing fear along the way. It's all good.
2 comments:
i wanna be an iceberg too!!!!!
Love it! I am writing a children's book called, "But Mommy, I don't want to be a tornado." This reminded me of that!
Post a Comment