Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

June 9, 2007

Melodies in Motion


I did not realize how pretty this looked but how difficult it was to actually read the text. Sorry about that. In any case, this is an itty bitty ditty I conjured from within this sawdust-filled head of mine and gave to hubby-man a mere 3 months after we were married, which I had penned onto a poster I drew of the ASL sign for "music" as a faint background. I even framed it.

Unfortunately, even if the poster had not had an unfortunate "accident," it would not fit into the scanner, so I nosed around Google Images for a while; unable to find anything similar to how it was originally presented, I stuck it on a sunset instead. I like sunsets. I like sunrises, too, and rainbows, butterflies, dolphins, elephants, dragonflies, roses, and snowmen. You would never have guessed I was so weird, right?

Anyhow,.... What it says is this:

Seeing your hands in conversation
Is witnessing the most beautiful symphony ever composed.
A world full of words
Dancing gracefully from your fingertips . . .
Music in motion,
A melody I see with my eyes and hear with my heart. . .
And having listened, I now know the meaning of harmony.

I love sign language. I love to watch it, especially when performed by a prelingually Deaf individual whose primary language is ASL. I love to try to do it, but mine is only a poor imitation. I love to watch my babies use it and know that they are bilingual at an age when most hearing children are struggling to manipulate a single language.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP