Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

May 31, 2007

Talk About Getting a Point Across

My husband and I use sign language to communicate. I do not pretend to know ASL but try my best; and for the most part, members of the Deaf community are willing to slow down, re-explain or just resort to finger-spelling for a pidgin-signing goober like me. Some people are amused by watching us "talk," especially if we start to disagree: The signs start out small and natural and progressively get bigger and more wild, until it seems our limbs are flailing uncontrollably. I had to laugh, though, seeing this:




Talk about getting into your communication skills! I have no clue what the guy is saying (other than sex and shopping) but I think I have a pretty good idea.

1 comments:

One Wacky Mom June 1, 2007 at 7:29 AM  

You had me rolling on this one. And I'm with you. Its my soapbox....YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP