A Rose For You
I was recently bestowed the Thinking Blogger Award, and in trying to try to live up to what "I" feel this means, I am going to try to move onward and upward in what I spend my time thinking about and, in turn, stick out here for you to read.
I get tired of seeing the cruddy things people do to each other in this world but have come to grips with the fact that a Band-Aid and a mommy kiss will not make it better. Something I would love to change, even just a little bit, is people going out of their way to belittle others in an attempt to glorify themselves, stepping on an entire range of human emotions along the way. This is my attempt at a Band-Aid for the soul. Much of what goes on in the world makes no sense, but until each of us steps up and touches someone else's life in a profound and meaningful way, things will never get better. It does not take an act like moving a mountain: A kind word or a smile can have the power to change the course of someone's day and maybe even their life.
I have always been one of those loner types, few friends but the ones I did have were special. Some attribute this to being a trait of a true Scorpio and this could very well be true, but I think it is mostly a self-preservation instinct: Being burned and learning to fear the fire. Growing "older" now, I see that the types of friendships I have now have evolved and the quality has improved as well, even though the quantity is still small. I guess that is one of the benefits of getting older: We learn to choose wisely. So, in honor of new friendships, I am creating my own "award" and giving it to those I've encountered out here in the world-wide network, who have made even a small dent in this armor I carry around:
My first rose goes to Jo. You give me smiles and make me proud to consider you my friend.The only "rule" is to pass this rose on to someone who has made a difference in your life, made you feel better just for a moment or for a day, someone who maybe needs a little boost. Sharing our friendships with each other will go a long way towards making this world a better place to be.
2 comments:
awwww, you're gonna make me cry girl! I'm very honored to be the person you have given it to first and I just want to say that I will forever be thankful to MyBlogLog because thanks to them I've made a wonderful new friend and I have a feeling you're stuck with me for awhile. ;)
BIG Hugz and I will give alot of thought into who I give this to. Thank you.
I like that and I'm going to have to brag about it....as soon as I get a little sleep. Damn insomnia and pain, I haven't slept it two days. :(
I would have been fine had the little one not wanted me to cuddle with him this morning. lol
Post a Comment