I Ain't Eating THAT

Veggie Booty has been recalled because of possible salmonella contamination. This stuff has, like, spinach and other vegetables in it, which would battle for supremacy with the liters of Mountain Dew and tons of nicotine running rampant in my system. If I did happen to eat it, I would probably end up with the symptoms of salmonella even if it were not contaminated. No, sir, I ain't eating that.
Now, I really do like veggies and fruits and they generally like me (with the exception of Roma tomatoes, which give me hives from head to toe), I just like them FRESH and not powdered onto whatever it is these things are made of. Give me a nice bowl of steamed veggies any day. If I am going to eat something that RESEMBLES a chip or something of that nature, I am just going to go all out and eat the chip. At least I know up front it is not the best thing for me to eat.
This information is available on Veggie Booty at The Vegan Store online:
Ingredients: Organic rice, corn, organic soybean flour, expeller pressed canola oil, (whole
food concentrates) spinach, kale, cabbage, carrot, broccoli, green tea, parsley, and sea salt.
Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 bag
Calories: 140
Carbohydrates: 17g
Fat: 6g
Sodium: 130mg
Sugars: 0g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 2g
On the other hand, this is the nutrition information off the back of the bag of my favorite snack, Better Made Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips: (and I can interpret this however I want to, dammit!)
Ingredients: Potatoes, cottonseed oil, salt, seasoning contains: Dextrose, sugar, salt, color (turmeric extract, annatto extract, paprika extract), powdered onion, citric acid, powdered garlic, canola oil, spice extract, maltodextrin, natural smoke flavor and silicon dioxide and tricalcium phosphate as anti-caking agents.
Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 oz.
Calories: 160 (Fat calories: 90)
Carbohydrates: 14g
Total fat: 10g (sat fat 3g, trans fat 0g)
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 210mg
Sugars: 1g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 2g
1 comments:
LMAO, that Veggie Booty isn't half bad but YUCK, it seems like everything is getting recalled here lately. Makes me wish I didn't have the Black Thumb of Death even more so I could at least grow a few things. LOL
Post a Comment