Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

June 30, 2007

Okey Dokey, Smokey

Yeah, the iPhones are cool, but I think I can live without one. I like my 5-year old Toshiba cell phone just FINE, thank you very much.

I can live with the fact that some people gotta have new gadgets with all the bells and whistles, willing to line up and wait for hours before the store opens so they can get one. My favorite story, though, has to be the one of this lady who paid $800 to a man to get his spot as first in line, planning to buy thousands of dollars' worth of iPhones and sell them on E-Bay. Unfortunately for her, she neglected to read the rules: One iPhone per customer.

It is priceless at the end of the clip, when the reporter comments to the man that the woman was not very happy with him. She really had no reason to be angry at him; he was not the one walking around with a "money talks" attitude (yes, she really said that), flinging money at someone who sat there and waited rather than dragging her ass out to stand in line and wait like everyone else. Had she read and followed the rules and not considered herself above sitting 12 hours on the pavement like those other people did, she could have saved herself those 8 crisp, pretty $100 bills. That dude got himself a free iPhone AND all the bells and whistles.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP