Whew. . .
OK, I think I got it figured out. As you can see, I've cleaned up a bit around here in hopes that this will load a bit faster now. I've removed some of the stuff that, while it was pretty cool, was slowing me down. My computer's an old beast with only 126 MB RAM and I don't have the money to upgrade, so you have to ride along with me at my snail's pace.
I've moved most of the links to sites I have feeds to and read regularly (and sites you must read as well, because they're the ones I read and I'm the boss and I eventually always get my way - just kidding) to drop downs, so if you haven't checked them out, AGAIN, I highly recommend it.
Someday I'll get more RAM. After I pay the electric bill (which I got another updated bill yesterday and is now $596.16 - where the hell are they coming up with this?), the propane bill, rent, car payment, car insurance, telephone and DSL, 16 doctor/hospital bills that have been sitting here for about 5 months, all my credit card bills (don't even get me started), and one of these days, one of the herd needs braces. Sheesh.
AND. . . if you haven't had any problems with my site in IE, great. If you do, it's because I hate IE and work in Firefox, so it's best viewed in Firefox. Have a great day!
PS: Thanks for the offer of help, Diesel. I know I'm old now when I can prattle off coding in COBOL and ASCII but don't know crap about HTML, but I'll get it eventually.
5 comments:
Sadly, my own technical knowledge (VB6 anyone?) is getting pretty dated too. But I can code some mean html & css. :)
so you are trying to confuse me eh?
I go to visit you.. knock at the door and you are not at home. You are at your other house ;)
So, made any decisions yet? Personally, I like this house better :)
It's all just part of being an asshole, Dawn! LOL
Diesel, you're still further ahead than I am. Until a couple months ago, I knew diddly about html until I started playing around with Blogger, and to me, "css" means "central canal stenosis" (as in the spinal column). I work too much. ;)
i think this blog is fine.. just go where you feel comfortable... we come to talk and read and listen to you bitch,,, not to see if you swept behind the sofa....
I agree with paisley!
Post a Comment