What's Happening in My Neck of the Woods
Yahoo News is a great source of information, and there seems to be no shortage of “interesting” stories from my neck of the woods:
Man Spreads Fire on Flaming Hay Wagon
This story is about idiocy in motion - literally. Whether transporting hay for livestock use or for a hayride, it can be dangerous. I’ve seen any number of injuries and/or fatalities resulting from Hay On The Highway and Hayrides Gone Bad, and some people don’t seem to have enough brains to blow themselves up with when it comes to safe transport. This incident proves my point.
Teacher Apologizes for Bugging Colleague
This story points me ever onward in the direction of thinking that the public education system will be the downfall of modern society. If this woman and her daughter had a problem with a teacher, colleague or not, there is a process to follow regarding grievances, and it does not involve placing electronic monitoring devices in a classroom. This woman should not be teaching our children - what does she have worthwhile to offer our children for their futures, besides teaching them the wrong way to deal with adversity in their lives?
Give Some Blood, Maybe Win a Car
At first glance, this story seems pretty cool. After thinking about it for, like, 2.3 seconds, I get irked. People have to be essentially bribed to do something they should just do as a decent human being? How would someone who is only willing to give blood in exchange for a nice “prize” think or feel if they desperately needed blood to save their life and couldn’t get it because not enough people could be bought off to give? It pisses me off to think about it. I have type A negative blood, not a common type, and I am proud to give it when I can, knowing I am helping to save someone else’s life.
Fliers Lead to Michigan Child Porn Charges
This just makes me sick. I have no words for this walking, talking pile of feces.
0 comments:
Post a Comment