Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

July 14, 2007

Talking to the Wall

As usual. If I’ve told those kids once, I’ve told them a thousand times, stop riding bicycles down the hill. We have a totally cool hill at the end of the house going down to the patio and the kids have found that it’s perfect for running the bikes down FAST. They seem to forget to turn, though, and keep smacking into the tree at the bottom. Yeah, smart, I know.

Anyhow, after months and months of repeating myself (hence, talking to the wall), they finally decided to stop riding the bikes down the hill. I go outside and see them sitting in the back end of the Tonka dump trucks, tearing down the hill like bats out of hell. WTF? The response I get: “You didn’t say we couldn’t ride the trucks down the hill, only the bikes.”

I guess I should have been more specific. The logic of a 6-year-old, huh?

I will win this battle in the end, though. I’m sending them down to pick rocks out of my uncle’s field and we’re building terraces on the yard so there won’t BE a hill for them to violate anymore. HA HA. The logic of a 34-year-old, huh?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP