My Little Friend
I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Karly's little bug issue. Sorry, hon, but that's nothing compared to the little visitors we get from time to time. This was our recreation for the evening last night, chasing this little humper around the house:
When we got the house a few years ago, we found out the hard way just how much damage these little buggers can do and it took a lot of money, time, money, effort, and did I mention MONEY to get their nastiness cleaned up and get the house sealed up so they couldn't get back in. We took out all the drop-tile ceilings and replaced them with drywall. We replaced all the insulation and plastic sheeting. We sealed the rafters and peaks of the roof. We had to wear frigging face masks and biohazard suits to clean up their shit, and it was gross. Several weeks and thousands of dollars later, we thought we had won the battle.
We were wrong.
After finding myself broke from the cleanup and remodeling, and really just not thinking about it, I forgot to get screens for the windows. It's summer, it's hot, and the windows are open to catch the cool summer breeze or the crisp night air - and a few moths, fireflies, lady bugs, bumblebees, a couple of birds, and this little bastard.
He quickly went to work terrorizing the shit out of my baby girl, who was running around shrieking "butterfly." At first I thought it was no big deal, since she calls moths "butterflies" and there are always moths escaping the great outdoors for the comfort and privacy of our home. When she came tearing into my bedroom at Mach II, screaming butterfly and flapping her arms (which is NOT the sign for butterfly), I knew something was up. I was promptly dive-bombed in the hallway before this little bugger roosted on the wall of the stairwell, where we could easily put a bowl over him, scoop him up and let him go outside.
Now, had it been hubby-man or one of the boys handling this, they would have chased it down with a broom or shoe and beat it to death, screaming "motherfucker" (that's the only word hubby-man speaks that comes out sounding like it's supposed to), with an occasional "eeeeewwww" thrown in for good measure. Myself, I don't like killing anything (except flies, which are dirty, and mosquitoes, who seem to love my anemic blood) and will set them free. Bats EAT mosquitoes, so all the better to let them do their jobs so I don't have to do it for them.
So, that's the extent of our fun for the night last night, and thanks to my new camera I got a picture to show. Next time a bird flies in the window, I'm gonna get a VIDEO of that, since it's totally hilarious, watching a bird fly around in circles in the living room!
Maybe I should just buy some screens, but then what fun would that be and how would I get my entertainment then?
2 comments:
OH! MY! GAWD!
Hyperventilating...
ROFL I thought you'd like that, Karly, especially knowing that I won't KILL them! LOLOLOLOLOL
Post a Comment