Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

November 6, 2007

I Thought My Eyes Were Deceiving Me

When I looked around and thought that peoples' asses were not only getting larger but that the number of those large asses has increased. Michigan ranks 44 in prevalence of obesity with 28.8% of the population being obese, compared to 14.1% in 1990. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, and then I thought maybe it was due to dissatisfaction with my own exponentially larger ass, projecting onto other people. Now I see that it really is the case. In only 17 years, we've more than doubled the percentage of the population who are obese.

Consider the medical ramifications of this: More diabetes, more hypertension, more respiratory difficulties, more musculoskeletal disorders. Big Pharma and Sisters are going to have a high time with this trend, though: More medications for obesity-related health disorders, more medications for weight loss efforts, more diet programs and related products, more bariatric surgeries, more money, more money, more money.

This might explain why every time I go into Wal-Mart to buy some clothes, the only sizes I can find are either XS or 3XL, and nothing in between. Back in the "good old days" I never saw anything larger than XL hanging on the racks (my size preference due to my breast. . . "problems". . . they're too damn big). I guess I either have to lose some weight and get my boobs cut off so I can wear the XS or eat some more Twinkies so I can fit in the 3XL. I could just go back to making my own clothes, but that sounds a lot like WORK.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 8, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

SoHoS had hers lobbed off a few years ago. They came back.

Angie Lee November 8, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

Gee, thanks for that reassurance, Count!

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP