Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

November 28, 2007

Gimme a Friggin Break

Sure are lots of people PO'd lately about the holiday/Christmas argument. This isn't a NEW argument, though--it's just being pushed harder by the minority against the majority, the few who want to force their own beliefs (or lack thereof) onto the rest of us and expecting us to drink the Kool-Aid (don't get me started on the Kool-Aid thing, either).

IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, PEOPLE!!! IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE CHRISTMAS BUT TO HAVE A HOLIDAY, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE, JUST STOP PUSHING THE REST OF US AROUND!!! It's CHRISTMAS, you know, a celebration of Christ's birthday. If you don't believe, then what the fuck are you taking the day off for? After all, it's just another day to you, isn't it?

Anyhoo. I got this one back LAST Christmas but was not a blogger at that time. For some reason I kept it stored in my Inbox, though, so I now give it to you (to take seriously as I know some will or to take as a joke, which it was meant as, to be laughed at in realizing the lengths some people will go to in order not to offend anyone, which is JUST CRAP--IT'S STILL A FREE COUNTRY AND MY OPINION IS MINE, NOT YOURS, AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO IGNORE IT JUST AS I HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!)

Please accept with no obligation, implied or
implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally
conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-
addictive,gender-neutral celebration of the
winter solstice holiday, practiced within the
most enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular practices
of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of
others, or their choice not to practice religious
or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a
fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset
of the generally accepted calendars of choice of
other cultures whose contributions to society
have helped make America great. Not to imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other
country nor the only America in the Western
Hemisphere. And without regard to the race,
creed, color, age, physical ability, religious
faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By
accepting these greetings you are accepting these
terms. This greeting is subject to clarification
or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no
alteration to the original greeting. It implies
no promise by the wisher to actually implement
any of the wishes for herself or himself or
others, and is void where prohibited by law and
is revocable at the sole discretion of the
wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as
expected within the usual application of good
tidings for a period of one year or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to
replacement of this wish or issuance of a new
wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 29, 2007 at 2:44 PM  

I think that whole thing is pretty annoying to. I mean, if I didn't wanna celebrate Christmas and subsequently didn't take the day off and got double pay I'd be a pretty happy camper myself. But I suppose some feel isolated or disregarded during this time, which is pretty valid.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP