Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

November 15, 2007

Happy Friggin Birthday, Beyotch

What a way to celebrate my 35th. . . I mean 19TH. . . birthday. Instead of sleeping in, I got up bright and early to go to the dentist to be traumatized with plates and molds for a denture fitting, only to be told I need a left anterior maxillary alveoplasty and frenectomy before I can actually get my REAL teeth, so I've ordered a $740 pair of "interim" dentures, which should last about a year while I save up the other almost $2000 for the real ones. (YES, I have no teeth, thanks to a combination of heredity and MOUNTAIN DEW CONSUMPTION--don't let them fool you that oral hygiene makes all the difference cuz I brushed and flossed every day and still lost them, just like my momma and her momma and her momma before her--sometimes shit just happens, and I wasn't about to give up my Dew knowing they were gonna fall out eventually).

Later, I was talking to the lady at Shared Solutions about insurance benefits for my Copaxone injections and the phone went dead. I tried to grab the other handset before I lost the connection but it was gone. I beeped it and ran through the house looking for it. I could hear it but couldn't find the stupid thing. Eventually I found it under the bed. I should have known, that's where the phone belongs. Of course, the connection was gone. After I called her back and finished the conversation, I called up my old boss I've kept in touch with and letting her know about finally getting my diagnosis and, of course, my dental office trauma. Then THAT handset went dead. I was out of options, since the cell phone was also dead and charging. I don't need to talk on the phone anyhow.

I got a birthday card from my boss at the hospital, a happy birthday message from one of the other ladies in my department (there are 10 of us, including my boss), a happy birthday from the dentist and from the lady at Shared Solutions, and I'm still waiting for MY OWN DEAR HUSBAND to remember that today is something more than the opening day of deer hunting season and to bark at me about making sure I pay the electric bill (I didn't let the damn thing go up to $700 on my own, but he fails to take that into consideration, along with the fact that they didn't send us a bill for months when they changed our meter over then smacked us with a big-assed bill all at once). He'll get around to it, eventually, but I'd really like him to start the MORNING off with it instead of waiting until the end of the day.

Other than that, it's just a normal, regular day.

And what the hell is a frenectomy anyhow, you ask? Go read about it (mine's gonna be a "labial frenectomy," on the top.

1 comments:

SoHoS November 17, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

I had a labial frenectomy done when I was 7. Happy Birthday!!!!!

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP