I Had a Revelation
I had a revelation tonight. It was so profound, so earth shattering, so incredibly life altering I just HAD to sit down and share it with you, my blogging brothers and sisters, so that I could enrich your lives for all of eternity like I just KNEW mine was going to do to mine. It was THAT frigging important. Then one of the kids came in and asked me "Where are the crayons?" and I forgot what the hell I was even thinking about in the first place.
It's gone, just like that.
If you're looking for something incredible from me tonight, tough noodles. You'll just have to wait until that thought recycles itself in my head, which could take years, there's so much shit in my head. Sometimes stuff disappears into my own mental black hole, never to be seen again, so it's a pretty good bet that it ain't happening any time soon.
I once had a teacher who told me that if you forgot something and couldn't remember it quickly, it wasn't really that important to begin with. I think she was just demented. She was like 300 years old, so she MUST have had something wrong with her. After all, only the good die young, right? Just kidding. She was actually one of my favorite teachers and someone who really left a mark on my life (besides an emotional scar, which is a lot more than can be said for some of the other teachers I had throughout my elementary, middle and high school career and even in college). She really was like 300 years old, though.
0 comments:
Post a Comment