Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

August 4, 2007

Connecting

I started out this blog as a sort of catharsis, verbal diarrhea if you will, to get stuff out of the cesspool of stuff clogging up my mind. I didn't really expect people to read it, let alone have people come back and read it regularly and ASK FOR MORE. I admit to a great deal of pleasure knowing there really are people out there who want to hear what I have to say, whether it be profound and earth shattering, gut-wrenchingly and heartbreakingly sad, ROFL kind of funny, or just regular run-of-the-mill bitching. I also didn't expect to connect with other people but am very proud of the fact that I have made some great new friends. I dearly love visiting their blogs and seeing what they have to say, whether it be profound and earth shattering, gut-wrenchingly and heartbreakingly sad, ROFL kind of funny, or just regular run-of-the-mill bitching. My really bad habits, though, are 1) I don't always respond to comments left here, and 2) I tend to be a lurker at other people's sites, gobbling down what they say and rarely leaving comments for them. Sorry about this, but I can't help myself. Between work and kids and hubby-man and my own bodily "crap" that I'm dealing with and stretching my poor over-worked brain around everything, some days it's all I can do just to get out of bed.

I seem to have bungled up the phases of grief regarding my MRI. This isn't really surprising, considering how contrary and against the grain my personality can be been anyhow. I skipped right over shock and denial (I already knew something was up and the doctors just thought I was a flake, a liar, a hypochondriac, a worry-monger, or some combination of all of these). Who needs shock and denial anyhow? I'm sure that since I neglected them, they'll be back to bite me in the leg later on. I immediately jumped to acceptance, the final phase of the grieving process, so I'm once again proving how much of an asshole I can be. I'm now battling a mishmash of others, all at once: Bargaining, guilt, and depression. I don't need anger, since there's already enough in the world to piss me off and my body doesn't need to be one of them. Like Billy Crystal's character says in Analyze That, "it's a process." Unfortunately, I don't always follow directions well, so that's probably why I've gone about it all half-assed.

It takes so much effort to be an asshole, I'm thinking maybe I need a new hobby. So, I think once a week, on a specific day, I should post about a site I like and let you know about it so you can check it out yourselves. I'm sure there's a term for this (not just adding to blogroll, and not writing a review, either), but since I was out today in the heat picking blueberries (yeah, really intelligent, I know) and seem to be suffering sun-induced dementia, I'm sure you'll forgive me (or at least let me know what it is so I don't sound so ignorant).

I have the attention span of a dill pickle right now, so after just a few short months I've become bored with actually writing a blog but don't want you to forget about me. For some strange reason, though, I can sit and read other people's stuff for hours on end. I think that's also part of my job description as an asshole, being so bass-ackwards, but I have to check the manual to be sure.

I'm rambling now.

6 comments:

Dawn Drover August 5, 2007 at 7:35 PM  

"I'm now battling a mishmash of others, all at once: Bargaining, guilt, and depression."
hmmm... i thought you were coping far better than normal.. almost TOO well.
You have to FEEL the feelings no matter what order they arrive in.
But you don't appear to be the type to wallow so i gotta feeling you'll be back with a vengeance! :)

Angie Lee August 5, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

LOL I don't have time to wallow. :)

robkroese August 6, 2007 at 2:07 AM  

I'm getting bad at replying to comments too. I try to follow up on other people's blogs though. Like this, for example. :)

Angie Lee August 6, 2007 at 9:52 AM  

Glad to have you aboard, Diesel. Although, you make me laugh so hard sometimes I'm afraid I'm gonna fall right out of the boat!

One Wacky Mom August 6, 2007 at 12:42 PM  

I love this post! It's brilliant. I too am getting bad at replying to comments...sometimes I'm too tired to do it. But the obligation I feel is huge to my readers...so I keep doing it anyway.

I love what you wrote here...you make me laugh...in fact ROTLMAO!

DiamondsSaphire August 7, 2007 at 6:23 AM  

I guess I could say that I am ok at replying to comments. I try like hell..but I will always check out the other persons blog and try to comment over there if there is somethng I can cmment about!

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP