Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

August 9, 2007

Another New Hobby

For now, until I get bored with it like I did crocheting, painting plaster statues, cross-stitching, baking/cooking and creating my own recipes, and any number of other hobbies I've started and given up on after only a few months: I have a massive box of pictures that need to be sorted and put into albums, including dozens of rolls of vacation pictures from sites around Michigan (mostly Upper Peninsula). I am going to start scanning some of those Michigan pictures in (as soon as I clean out the bucket of sand one of the kids dumped into my printer/scanner) and sharing them, the history around the site, and how it made me feel to be somewhere history actually happened or just how I feel being surrounded by God's country.

A few of the places I have tons of photos of include:

  • Sleeping Bear Dunes
  • Mackinac Bridge (I love the history of the bridge and that entire area)
  • Mackinac Island
  • Tahquamenon Falls (summer AND winter)
  • Fayette
  • Copper Harbor
  • Porcupine Mountains
This should keep me entertained for a little while, and you too, if you like history and/or pictures of historical or simply amazing places - all in my neck of the woods. It also forces me to get motivated to sort and album-ize my gazillions of pictures.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP