I Think I Hate Wednesday
It's hump day, right? It would be all well and good if I worked a regular 5-day week but I'm on a cycle where I'm at the end of a 10-day stretch for my main job. Now, I work other jobs that have me working every day anyhow, but it's mostly just a mental thing for me with this: TEN DAYS IN A ROW. I can't explain it. I do think it's completely awesome that when I'm on this cycle I get a 4-day weekend, even though my other jobs get in the way of enjoying that, too! Just kidding. I think it's just easier to break things down by bits: 5 days (Monday through Friday) and 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) instead of 10 days and 4 days. Maybe I'm just weird. (Yes, I know I am, you don't need to point that out.)
**SIGH**
Tomorrow I get my teeth. In a way I'm excited since I've been a year and a half with no gompers and will once again be able to eat things that don't just get swallowed. The bad part is the fact that I'm a gagger. When I had the original molds done, I puked all over the place. When I had the wax liners adjusted, I gagged and puked. When they did the final adjustment before casting the actual dentures, I gagged and puked. I know part of it was the SMELL (that wax doesn't smell pretty) and the actual teeth won't stink like that, but most of it is just the fact that I gag - period. I put food in my mouth, I gag. I put liquid in my mouth, I gag. Wind blows in my face, I gag. This ought to be fun.
Today I ordered my refill on my Copaxone. I get it through a mail order pharmacy due to my insurance, which is fine by me since they deliver it right to my door and it still costs me $40 copay anyhow. The guy on the other end of the line was very helpful. And very funny, which I really need right now. I already owed $40 for the last prescription and now I was going to owe another $40 so asked if I could just send a check for the full amount even though I didn't owe that much yet. "No problem. Do you have a check number?" Um, yeah. I'm digging around on my desk for the checkbook and keep babbling. "I think my husband has it. Hold on. . . No, he says he gave it to me, but I don't see it here. I think he's giving me a line." "Yes, he is, and we do that on purpose. I gave it to you, you gave it to me." I pause for about half a nanosecond. "I KNEW that was a man thing." "Yes, yes it is" he tells me. I still can't find the fucking checkbook, which hubby-man says he put on my desk. "You know, as soon as I'm not looking, he's going to sneak in here and put it on the desk and tell me it was there all along." "Yes, he will do that, too, and that is also a man thing" he says. Finally I just got a new book of checks and gave him a number, and it was well and good. As we were getting ready to hang up, I told the guy at the pharmacy, "You know I'm going to blog about this, don't you?" He laughed and said "Of course, but you know my name is JACK, right?" We both laugh and I shoot off "Suuuuuure, except for you already told me your name was Chris when you answered the phone." (These aren't actual quotes, just from my memory, in quotations to indicate DIALOGUE, okay?)
Hats off to you, Chris, for making my day a little brighter. We need more people in customer service departments who actually HELP their customers instead of speaking in tongues and cursing us out - you went the extra mile and made the difference.
PS: I only have a $40/month copay on this medicine, but in looking at the invoice I see that it is actually over $1740/month for this stuff. Good grief! No wonder no one can afford health care.
1 comments:
That's cool. Nice when you can talk to someone who has a sense of humor.
Post a Comment