Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

April 1, 2008

The Pincushion Look

My latest fashion statement is what I will call The Pincushion Look. I predict that it's going to be all the rage and particularly "sexy" come summertime when I wear shorts and everyone can see the remnants of my last 6 weeks' worth of Copaxone injections tattooed on my thighs. I bruise easily to begin with, and each subcutaneous injection leaves a nifty welt and a circular 2-inch purple-black bruise, which stays for weeks, even with rotation of injection sites to different areas of the body and rotation of specific sites at each location.

Just lovely. *This is me being facetious.*

I also have them on my upper arms, hips, and belly, but I won't subject any poor individual to the sight of my belly or hips - not even my poor husband has to suffer that trauma against his will. Thankfully, he's about blind without his glasses.

I'm tired of this disease and I'm ready to trade it in, ask for a refund, whatever. It's bad enough having gone slightly demented, blind in one eye, and hemiparetic from this shit, now I have to look at nasty blotchy bruises for the rest of my life. Someone needs to move their ass on finding a cure, already, cuz I don't think I can handle injecting myself for the rest of my life, however long that might be. The whole thing is just interfering with my life, and it's not something that can be "ignored" like my gallstones. And I don't just want something to HALT the progress of the MS, or "attempt to reduce the frequency of exacerbations," I want a CURE - I want restoration of my fucking ARM and my fucking EYE and my ABILITY TO DO MATH.

Yes, I'm in a kind of pissy mood right now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP