Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

January 8, 2008

Rare Find These Days

Mom-law and her significant other are here for a visit. Usually when they're here, I'm working and can spend very little time with them, but I just happen to be off work the rest of this week due to feeling like shit and having a slew of appointments to inspect the waiting rooms, exam rooms, and bedside manner of half a dozen doctors. Anyhow, I digress.

We went out to dinner tonight at my absolute favorite restaurant, Badawest in Flint. I'd live there, if I could. Unfortunately, they'd never eaten Lebanese food before, but I had the pleasure of introducing them. Mom-law was impressed with the food as well as the restaurant itself. They have beautiful murals on the walls and a number of times she commented on how pretty they were. The part that impressed me, though, was the fact that we walked in about 30 minutes before they closed and they were only offering take-out but decided to seat us and let us eat our meal there. I love that, going above and beyond to please a customer. Our waitress was helpful, pleasant and friendly, and she never once pushed us to hurry up so they could close. The last time we'd gone out to dinner with the in-laws, it was a less than pleasant experience that left me in a position where I felt the need to voice my opinion (like that NEVER happens, right?) and ended with a discussion with the manager--and a free meal that totaled well over $250.

The moral of the story: Don't be afraid to voice your opinion if your experience is less than optimal; if something needs improvement, they won't know it unless someone tells them, and this costs them business through loss of customers and word of mouth of displeased patrons. That doesn't mean being nasty--tact works like magic--but politely letting them know your thoughts and feelings helps you feel better and also helps them improve customer service. In the end, its a win-win situation. I was upset, which led to my speaking with the manager, but knowing that he took action assured me that it was unlikely to happen again and assured him that I would return and would not bad-mouth his restaurant to everyone I know.

3 comments:

Dawn Drover January 10, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

I agree... as the saying goes.. you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. A little tact goes a long way......... :)

SoHoS January 10, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

YUMMY!!!!!

H2o January 11, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

Glad you were able to have a good dinner with the in laws.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP