So Much for WYSIWYG
I had a banner day today, actually had time to do more than skim the headlines on Yahoo! News, and came across this little tidbit that just got my panties all in a bunch:
Florida Lottery says ticket may be misprint
Now, I've not checked the rules about Florida Lottery and the Lottery Commission's obligation to pay in event of a misprint, but gimme a break already. Dude gets a ticket telling him he just won $500,000 and they don't want to pay because it was a misprint? Way I see it, if it was a misprint and not a case of tampering, then it is their responsibility and they should honor the ticket. It was not the dude's fault they snarfed up the printing process, and in how many other areas of life are individuals, companies, etc., held responsible for their mistakes? I mean, really. I saw another article regarding a man wrongly imprisoned for a rape he did not commit and the state of Connecticut owned up to THAT fuck up to the tune of $5 million. I always knew things were a little hinky in the State of Florida, especially after the Bush-Gore fiasco, but this just clinches it for me.
Hmmm. . . the Electoral College. . . that's a topic for another day, after I untwist my panties and have time to go off on a rant about yet another case of systematic stupidity foisted onto the unsuspecting American citizen in the name of all that is "good" for him/her.
1 comments:
Electoral college exits so the Sanjaya American Idol Phenomenon doesn't happen to our Government.
Just can't trust these crazy people.
Post a Comment