My Creative Juices Have Dried Up
I want to be funny. I used to be funny, and proud of every giggle, chuckle, smirk, and belly laugh I could elicit. I think my well has gone dry or something. Or maybe it's just the traumas I've suffered starting with the loss of my mother and ending with the confirmation of my longstanding suspicions that" something is terribly wrong" (documented by one of my myriad of doctors in a consultation note, in a sentence essentially seeming to dismiss me as a flake, when in fact there WAS something terribly wrong). Or maybe it's just due to my cutting back on Mountain Dew consumption.
Where did my funny go? Did someone steal it and sell it on eBay? Is it like the Detachable Penis: I left it somewhere and now I need to stumble upon it at a street sale, buy it back for $17, wash it off and put it back on? I can't believe that it's, like, DEAD or anything. That would just be wrong. That would be cruel. That would be the ultimate cosmic joke.
Something feels like it's missing, that's for sure. I'll look around some more, maybe put up reward posters or something. I'll let you know when I find it, or hopefully you'll just notice it on your own.
0 comments:
Post a Comment