Almost - But Not Quite
My 1-year blog-iversary. But. . . I've allowed myself to become quite the slacker with regards to my posting and thought maybe I should do it now. . . Just in case. . . That's just the way I'm built.
Yes, I know I'm strange, so I don't need you to point out the obvious.
It's interesting to see how this little chunk of internet real estate has metamorphosed over the past year, both in appearance and in content. When I started, mostly I just wanted a place to spew some mental diarrhea. I used a canned Blogger template and let it be. I talked about what was on my mind and what I was interested in (hence, "what floats my boat"). Needless to say, I was a bit shocked that other people were actually reading it and coming back for more. I had "the funny" for a while and a lot of people were swinging by for a peek, usually courtesy of some fucked-up Google search string. I loved changing the "look" of the place, even though I know now that most people read these things in readers and probably don't see the "pretties." And, good grief, I could write about damn near anything and have a good time with it. I loved blogging. I loved it so much, I had 3 of the fucking things. It was glorious.
Then the shit hit the fan.
September 12, 2007: Not-so-random events occurred in the culmination of a plot devised by an evil witch that sent me into a downward spiral, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Many regular readers who used to come here (I imagine for the funny, which was now MIA) fled the scene of my trainwreck in progress, screaming and flailing their arms in horror. None of them even had the courtesy to dial 911 on their way out. Thanks. Maybe they'll be back, maybe they won't. In the meantime, I made changes that make my place a bit more inconspicuous on Google search so I don't get many visits from that end, either, and now my readers and I are a cozy community of, like, FOUR.
February 1, 2008: I was restored to my position as a human being in the eyes of the law, the shattered remnants of my life reunited to make a whole ME again. I won't say it was the best day of my life, since that honor is reserved for the days my children were brought into the world, but it was pretty close, and I no longer felt like I needed to crawl in a hole and pull the dirt in behind me. You can bet your bottom dollar I won't stand idly by and allow that walking, talking pile of feces try to destroy me again, though.
But back to the blog. . . Maybe I've found my funny again, which is really the important part to me anyhow. I didn't like who I'd become but now that things are better, I can dig around the recesses of the cesspool that is my mind, hose off what I want to keep and show you the gems that were hiding there all along.
Gross.
1 comments:
You're a slacker??? I'm even bigger. I can't make it down my blogroll any more.
Post a Comment