Children and Bodily Functions
WHY do kids think it's so funny when they fart or burp? There's always the inevitable giggle, chuckle, and, if its particularly loud, outright laugh immediately preceding the wide-eyed "excuse me" followed by uncontrollable laughter. I don't think it's just the current crop of kids, either, since I remember going through this with my boys, who still laugh if it's large, compete in belching contents, and know which brands of pop produce the best ones.
It's not just the kids, either, now that I think about it. I once had a friend who in her early 30s could belch in a manner reminiscent of Booger and Ogre in Revenge of the Nerds. It's kinda gross, but nothing I need to concern myself with anymore since she unloaded me like so much extra baggage on the sinking ship that was her life and, in hindsight, probably best for me. I hear about her occasionally and it makes me sad, my best friend for so many years, but I'd still take her back in a heartbeat, gross belching and all.
I had a great post all planned out, something to make you laugh so hard you would pee your pants (even just a little), but I caught this nasty stomach bug the kids have had all week and between that and my memory deficits (if I don't write it down, I forget stuff I would have remembered for an eternity in My Life Before MS), it's just gone. It was good, too, which really sucks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment