Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

March 1, 2009

Loss of a Legend

For many years of my life, I had a friend to keep me company on the road to and from work. He made me think, made me laugh, made me cry, and made me appreciate the others in my life and whatever circumstances I found myself in - because there was always something to look forward to on the other side of the coin.

I just had to be patient to see whether heads or tails turned up and what the next coin toss would show.

Happy journeys, old friend. You will be missed.

Paul Harvey Aurandt
September 4, 1918 - February 28, 2009

8 comments:

Lew March 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Paul Harvey was a legend on the radio. His presence will be sorely missed. We were lucky to have had his voice to listen to for so many years.

Rest in Peace, Paul Harvey. We'll meet up in Fiddler's Green one day.

Rightwingsnarkle March 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Paul Harvey = senile no-talent wingnut hack.

He's joined Tony Snow and Jesse Helms in hell.

It's gonna get pretty crowded down there when members of the Cheney administration start dropping, as they surely will.

Laugh till you vomit, sweetie. Then you can choke on it.

XXOOX

Angie Lee March 3, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Five pages in ten minutes, and the best you can come up with is disrespect for the dead and desire for harm to come unto a disabled individual with whom you disagree.

Nice.

Come back when you have some REAL balls.

Rightwingsnarkle March 3, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

a disabled individual

So, what, are you like retarded, crippled, a geek, or just ugly?

Angie Lee March 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

You call me a retard, when you are obviously paralyzed from the neck up?

Yeah.

Try READING what I post, you waste of skin.

I have just two words for you: Get fucked.

Rightwingsnarkle March 4, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Hey, so what happened to your MS/FMLA post? Did you take it down in a fit of cognitive dissonance?

I mean, the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 was signed into law by Bill Clinton, for crying out loud. How could you even consider taking advantage it in light of that simple fact?!?

And did you know that 25 repub senators joined two very margical dumbass redneck Dems (the 'Deliverance' twins, Hollings and Heflin) and voted against it?

It's true.

And on the House side, 134 repubs, including your personal favorite, Newt, voted against making it law.

So, how could you possibly even consider exercising your labor rights under law.

Y'know who first pushed the idea of FMLA? UNIONS!!

What's next for you - MEDICARE??!! MEDICAID??!! SOCIAL SECURITY?!?

You should be ashamed. That's probably why you took the post down, huh?

Anyhow, I'm familiar with MS in general terms, but I've never known it to make a person stupid and bitter as it appears to have made you.

Angie Lee March 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

For your information, my dear, I was updating the post. Nice try, though. You see, I like to share as much info as I can get my hands on, not just blathering on with PART of the story. I had a couple things I wanted to add and placed it back in draft status while I was away from the computer.

Who really gives a shit who signed it or was for or against it, for that matter? Both parties can and do present legislation (good AND bad) and there is always someone that stands against it, for whatever reason.

What, exactly does one's political affiliation have to do with having spent 20 years paying into Social Security - whether voluntarily or otherwise - and collecting those benefits owed? Who said anything about SS anyhow, considering the fact that I carry long-term disability insurance through my employer and something I do not need to spend 2 years fighting to get?

You are pulling ideas out of your asshole, my friend. Are you really THAT fucking ignorant, to be unable to see the fact that I have CONSISTENTLY declared my affiliation as INDEPENDENT? Personally, I think ALL political parties should be abolished - immediately and permanently. They do nothing - NOTHING - to serve the interests of America as a whole and pander to small segments of the population at the expense of the whole.

Funny, I don't recall ever addressing the topic of Newt, so where do you get the idea that he is my "personal favorite"? As for Bill Clinton, he probably only signed it thinking it would enable him to lay some more pipe outside his marital bed. He was Hillary's biggest liability during the primary - who REALLY wants the wife of an impeached President sitting in the Oval Office?

I claim no expertise in aspects of labor law that I have never personally encountered. I have never used FMLA, having returned to work within 2 weeks after each of my 3 pregnancies since the law was signed into effect - I had no need for it. That is just me, but as the owner and sole employee of a transcription business, I had little choice if I did not want to jeopardize my contracts.

When someone is offered only one option rather than ALL possible options, without being adequately advised, it is no longer an "option," is it? How do you then make an educated decision based on only a few of the facts? I was not told about FMLA, having only disability thrown on the table; it was only after my boss did some checking around - when I broke down crying on her shoulder and explained that this was not an option I wished to pursue - that I was offered another.

Your general attitude toward those with disabilities, unfortunately, is fairly common - and the reason people like me need to hide it.

You have yet to read a single post here without a preformed prejudice and stopping to think that I might have a valid point, not bothering to ask for clarification if I am unclear or unable to make my point in the limited space available; my posts are already fairly lengthy and were I to post a novel every time, it is unlikely anyone would make it to the end. Benefit of listening - not just HEARING, but LISTENING - is something you seem unwilling to offer. No one forces you to read what has clearly been identified here on numerous occasions as psychological diarrhea, so why do you come back, unless it stems from a profound need to torture those with whom you disagree - even if you do not know the entire story.

Rightwingsnarkle March 5, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Heh. You're funny and insane.

Thanks for the laughs, and for being the perfect case study of wingnut insanity.

You've also cured me of my interest in wingnuts, since wingnuts are empty shells.

There's just nothing there but unfocused rage, and gibberish. You and Lew make a perfect couple.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP