Around and Around Some More
Been waiting forever to hear back on my FMLA paperwork, the only notification from the company handling my employer's claims a denial letter because they had not received the health care provider certification - which was faxed to them 3 weeks ago. They "found" it today, misplaced, but fortunately they had stamped the fax date and time received and it won't affect my case. I just need to wait for their next letter.
I saw my neurologist last week, and for the first time in the many years I have seen her I was irked. I had to make the appointment to come in, only to be told "there's nothing we can do right now because of your pregnancy."
I looked up the prescribing information on Copaxone, which is a pregnancy class B medication. That indicates a fair level of safety for use in pregnancy. However, the pregnancy itself generally quells relapses, so it's apparently not necessary. Fine, I can accept that. I don't really want to use Copaxone, but I don't know much about the other medications for MS, so I need to do some research. Not that it matters, since none will be prescribed anyhow until after I deliver AND provided I do not breastfeed.
In the meantime, I am not allowed to use Provigil or Lyrica for treatment of my symptoms - which do not diminish in the way relapses of the actual disease do. They are residual, they will continue (and continue to worsen), and I am in misery. Both are pregnancy class C medications, with a higher risk for use in pregnancy, only to be used when the benefits outweigh the risks of their use. Until I see my OB/GYN, though - they are out of the question, and even then there is no guarantee he will see any benefits outweighing the risks (which I admit will be a point of contention with me, seeing as how I am in severe pain and suffering the effects of "intractable and overwhelming fatigue).
What had me irked, though, was the fact that I had to go in for nothing - and she wants me to return in 4 months (while I am still pregnant, obviously) - again for nothing. Because she is the one signing my FMLA paperwork, I have little choice but to comply.
Her office staff gave me a copy of the FMLA paperwork (because the company handling my case claimed they did not have it, and I was going to fax it to them myself). I have burst into tears several times on reading them, and for some morbid reason I cannot tear my eyes away from them. Four benign-appearing sheets of paper, at first glance.
It is one thing to read literature about MS and the effects of the disease, how it can affect a person, outcomes, and prognoses. They are clinical, impersonal, describing a faceless, nameless patient.
It is entirely another to see things like "Probable duration of condition: Lifetime" and "Beginning and end dates for the period of incapacity: Permanent" when your name is sitting next to it in black and white.
It brings home a reality that had in many ways been able to be denied, disregarded, ignored; unfortunately, the illusion (and delusion) cannot last forever.
9 comments:
Dang chica...you got a lot on your plate. I'll be praying for ya.
When are you due again??? And WHEN do you find out if it's a boy or girl!!!?
So, get a fucking abortion, for crissake.
Either that, or quit bitchin'. You are one whiney cunt, I'll tell ya.
As for that FMLA thing - it's just a government handout. Aren't you a nutjob tea-bagger? You don't take government handouts, do you?
Man, that kid's fucked and it ain't even born yet. Don't forget to file for welfare.
Everything changes when you see your name attached to it...
Gotcha in my prayers Angie...
Angi: Thanks, ma sista. It's been kinda crazy around here, that's for sure. Due date's now on or about 09/30/09 (got moved up a few days after I had an ER visit the other night, with a possible appendix scare, and they ultrasounded my belly since I can't have a CT scan - and moved me up a few days). And I don't WANNA know - it's a surprise! That's part of the fun, waiting to find out if it's a "hamburger or hot dog" (got that from an ultrasound tech, LOL).
Dawn: Thanks to you, too, ma otha sista. And yes, it sure does change - entire universes of change - once someone sticks your name next to one of those things. Now, why couldn't it be "LIFETIME OF HAPPINESS" or "PERMANENT BLISS"? Those sure would have made my day!
Snarkie: You can just fuck off, you waste of skin. I hope you get syphilis. Don't come back here, because I am tired of your bullshit. You offer NOTHING of value to ANY discussion, and your stupidity levels are threatening to start leaking by osmosis into the general public. SOD OFF, FUCKER.
Angie, good luck with everything. You've got a lot to deal with. Keep that sense of humor, it'll keep you sane.
Ed
Thanks, Ed, and thanks for stopping by!
Hmm, do you think Snarkle has some issues? Maybe his/her daddy didn't love them enough.
Because last I checked, nobody is forced to read anybody else's blog...whining on your own blog is a prerogative.
Freedom of speech is still just that...free...for now...
Angi: I know. And it's right there for all to read that if someone doesn't like what I have to say, they are welcome to leave, as this is not required reading material.
What's sickening is that I would never leave trash like that on another person's site (can you say TROLL?) - but libtard morons think it is perfectly okay to do it, and NOW we can see why "talking" (in the manner of their King/Messiah) will never work: They are far too ignorant or just plain stupid to talk and throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way.
This sod even had the "audacity" to spew tripe when I was updating my MS Awareness post and it was in draft status for a bit, so it matters not the subject matter, "it" just needs to find something to attack.
Some people are only happy when trying to find ways to make others more miserable than they are themselves, instead of trying to find LEGITIMATE ways to elevate themselves. Ignoring the fact that they still feel inferior, they can hide in the delusion that they are better than their target and feel a momentary niggle of whoo-hoo. Sounds kind of like how addicts describe their addiction: Chasing the high and trying to re-live that first one - the BEST one - but they are never as "good" as the first - a self-defeating spiral downward into hell.
Yup. Sadly, libs don't hold themselves to the same standards they hold everyone else.
Hypocrisy is a way of life...do as I say, not as I do.
We're expected to be nice, kind, understanding, TOLERANT...
While they sh** all over us.
Pathetic.
Post a Comment